Discover the artist within! Enter the HyPER Art Prize! The competition is open to all members and you can join up for free at this link. Read on to find out more.
There are two categories:
- Eighteen and under
- Over eighteen
The winner of each category will receive a voucher worth £145, for an hour-long ride in London’s iconic Hyde Park, courtesy the Hyde Park Riding Stables. Entries will be judged by Jessica and Julian Philimore of the Dellasposa Gallery in Bathurst Street. The closing date is 1 September 2021.
The judges will be looking for entries that best reflect the local character of the Hyde Park Estate. So think hard about:
- What is the essential character of the estate and how can an art work best reflect it?
- What makes the estate such a special place and what do you want to say about it?
- Why do people love the estate so much the estate so much and how can you give that artistic form?
The judges will also be look for entries that are original in the way they treat their subject matter:
- So if your subject is traditional, find an original way to present it
- Take a sideways glance at everyday features around the estate
- Are you going to use words as well as images
- Find a new way to reflect the essence of the Hyde Park Estate
There are no limits to what the medium might be. It could be a painting, a photo, a ceramic work, a sculpture, a tapestry or even an art installation. The judges will assess your work based firstly on the photo which you submit by the closing date. The judges may also request a follow-up viewing of your work. Entries will be displayed in the photo gallery on this page. The winners will be used to create seasonal cards, the proceeds of which will go to a local charity.
Please send either your submission or notification of submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include details of your HyPER membership.