With snow predicted over the coming days, the Council has provided HyPER with the winter service briefing. In summary, the Council is ready for the arrival of any snow or ice comes, and they have:
- A full Salt Barn in Alperton holding 1,500 tonnes of rock salt. We will begin ordering more salt as soon as we start using it.
- Over 20 tonnes of bagged white salt and specialist corrosion-inhibiting de-icer (for schools, estates, footbridges and council properties).
- 7 carriageway gritting vehicles, able to each distribute 8 tonnes of salt.
- 5 smaller vehicles for mechanically gritting the pavements and segregated cycleways.
- Almost 200 on-street salt bins across the City for sweepers to use in gritting pavements.
- 3 weather sensors, giving us real-time road surface temperatures.